Fundamentals of Project Management
This course aims to offer first-hand, practical experience with the fundamentals of project management for project managers and anyone who wants to work in projects. The course aligns to modern standards for project management.
Benefits of Attending
For the organisation:
After completing this course candidates will be able to:
- Manage a simple process using a structured approach
- Apply key project planning activities including scoping, scheduling, budgeting and managing risk
- Understand key elements to consider when planning quality, human resources, communication, procurement and stakeholder engagement
- Monitor and control a project at a high level including status reporting and managing variations in a controlled manner
- Close a project including conducting a post-implementation review
- Contribute more confidently to projects they are working in with a better appreciation of how to support the project management and leadership team for effective outcomes
What It Covers
The course covers the following:
- Key traits of effective project managers
- Foundational elements of Project Management
- Overview of project management processes and the PMBOK framework
- Project Management Lifecycle
- Initiating a Project
- Planning a Project – Scope, Schedule, Budget, Risk
- Key considerations in planning Quality, HR, Communications, Procurement and Stakeholder Engagement
- Monitoring a Project
- Managing and controlling variations
- Closing a Project
The learning has been structured as a 2-day interactive workshop featuring case studies, discussion, break out rooms, group activities, audio-visual presentations, role plays and anecdotes.
At the completion of this program, the participant will be eligible to receive a Certificate of Participation from EQ Strategist.
Please help us serve you better by sharing the following information.
Live online or live in-person.
Who should attend?
Project team member; project records officer; project administrator; project support; project analyst; communications liaison; project assistant; contracts officer; project coordinator; estimator and scheduler; project officer; quality officer; small business operator in a wide range of industries.