Consulting Skills for Change and Project Management Professionals
Project and Change Management professionals bring a great deal of value to the table for our clients. Our methodologies, our tools, our techniques and our understanding of how people move through projects and change offer our clients the potential of greatly increasing their probability of achieving success. Yet too often, they fail to follow our counsel. And almost as often, we bear the brunt of shame when the initiative fails or falls off the tracks.
Consulting Skills for Change and Project Management Professionals empowers you with the skills to manage the difficult conversations needed to bring about change, create the trust necessary for these conversations to happen, know what success looks like from your initiative and ensure they get there by implementing your effective change or project management strategy.
Benefits of Attending
As a result of completing this course, you should be able to:
- Apply consulting and coaching competencies to your change initiatives and projects to start partnering more effectively with your clients and stakeholders
- Use tools that will help you establish a stronger rapport with your clients, glean and align on what success looks like and establish engagement rules that will enable you to optimise the effectiveness of your collaboration with your clients
- Strengthen your image as a trusted advisor and leader
What It Covers
The workshop will cover:
- Traits of trusted advisors
- Setting up the relationship and forming an engagement alliance
- RESA model of influence
- Establishing rapport and deepening empathy
- Understanding and aligning on desired outcomes and assessing urgency
- How to use effectively use language, tone and physiology to project the energy of a consultant and influencer
- Self-confidence and assertiveness
- Connecting and inspiring confidence through your personal WHY
- Coaching with empathy
- Influencing through the use of relatable and compelling stories
- Giving effective feedback
- Championing your stakeholders and communicating wins
- Assessing and communicating outcomes
The learning has been structured as two-days of highly interactive workshops led by our experienced trainers. The workshops will use a variety of techniques to facilitate effective learning including role-plays, delivery of short presentations with coaching, use of video-recording and playback, content through the use of Power Point slides, use of appropriate audio/video written activities and reflective tasks.
All attendees of this course will be eligible to receive a Certificate of Attendance from EQ Strategist.
Please help us serve you better by sharing the following information.