Business Storytelling: Presenting and Communicating with Impact
Imagine our world without smartphones today. Steve Jobs was technically brilliant and yet, his real genius and what made him such a game changer was his ability to articulate his ideas in a way that captivated the hearts and minds of his audience.
And similarly, have you ever sat in on graph and data-heavy technical presentations that felt like “Death by PowerPoint?” How inspired did you feel? Imagine being able to capture the attention of your audience and deliver messages that not only inform, but empower and inspire them to action and in the process, elevate your profile as a leader and influencer.
This workshop will empower you with the skills and confidence to design and incorporate storytelling into your business and technical presentations, to make them memorable and elevate your ability to sell your ideas, coach your staff and to inspire positive change.
Benefits of Attending
We want you to leave having greater belief in your ability to have your voice be heard effectively and to influence change. We want you to discover that you do not have to have the “gift of the gab” to be an influencer, coach and leader. And we want you to be able to optimise your technical skills and knowledge by being able to use these effectively as a force for positive change.
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- more confidently stand in front of a room or camera and deliver a powerful, captivating message
- understand when, why and how to use story-telling in your daily communication
- structure stories in an effective way that gets your intended message across
- deliver stories in a captivating and impactful manner.
What It Covers
The workshop will cover:
- Why story-telling
- When to use stories
- How to incorporate story-telling into an effective storyboard for your presentation
- Framework for structuring your stories for optimal impact
- How to establish rapport with and engage your audience
- How to “own the room” through your presence
- How to use effectively use language, tone and physiology to maximise the impact of your communication
- How to overcome objections with a story
- How to deal calm nerves and deal with anxiety
- Structuring and practising the delivery of stories to facilitate change, sell your ideas, inspire, assure and empower others
The learning has been structured as an 8-hour workshop led by our experienced trainers. The workshops will use a variety of techniques to facilitate effective learning including role-plays, delivery of short presentations with coaching, use of video-recording and playback, content through the use of PowerPoint slides, use of appropriate audio/video written activities and reflective tasks.
All attendees of this course will be eligible to receive a Certificate of Attendance from EQ Strategist.
Please help us serve you better by sharing the following information.
Live online or live in-person.
Who should attend?
Suitable for technical professionals, team leaders, managers, project managers, change managers, sales and marketing professionals, communication specialists and senior managers who are looking to be elevate their ability to influence change. It is suitable for those employed within all sectors including not-for-profits, charities and community groups