Leadership Essentials: Leading Self, Others and Teams
Leadership is not a position but a mindset, skillset and set of strategies that helps staff at all levels of an organisation be more effective in working with and through their most valuable asset – their people.
This interactive, one-day program will give you a good understanding of what leadership is and why it matters, and an appreciation of your leadership style and how to develop this competence so that you optimise your personal level of effectiveness and fulfilment in your role.
The course begins with a conversation around the difference between leading and managing and the traits that makes one a leader others would willingly follow. It then proceeds to a discussion of self-leadership, an appreciation of your emotional intelligence and its impact on your leadership potential, and how to develop your emotional competencies. What follows then are discussions around how to lead others, how to lead your teams and develop a culture that brings out the best in your people. Each is a vital skillset that and will help you excel within your current team environment, no matter what your current role is.
This course is for you if you are an emerging leader, have leadership aspirations, or have recently moved into a managerial or supervisory role.
The aim of this course is to arm you with a broad understanding of what leadership is, why it matters and how to develop this valuable competency so that you can realise even more of your highest potential, contribute more effectively in your role and be able to help guide your organisation to higher performance.
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- articulate the difference between managing and leading
- understand what it means to lead from within and how to shape your thoughts, emotions and actions to that that’s congruent with “leadership”
- assess your level of emotional intelligence and create a plan to develop this
- apply a framework to influence yourself and others more effectively
- further develop your skills to effectively manage tasks and people
- actively build and contribute to an effective organisational culture.
What It Covers
This workshop covers the following topics:
Leading versus managing
- Leadership traits
- Leadership – born or made
- Leading versus managing
- The role of emotional intelligence in your leadership journey
- Self-awareness and leadership
- Self-management and motivation
- Framework of influence
- How to influence with integrity
- Intrinsic versus extrinsic motivation
- Five attributes of highly functional teams
- Your leading style and how it affects culture
- Setting your people and teams up for success
The learning has been structured as a 1-day interactive workshop featuring case studies, discussion, break out rooms, group activities, audio-visual presentations, role plays and anecdotes.
At the completion of this program, the participant will be eligible to receive a Certificate of Participation from EQ Strategist.
Please help us serve you better by sharing the following information.