Lead Like a Pro: A Leadership Development Program for Aspiring Managers
To empower participants with the emotional competencies of leadership and help them develop the skills and mindset necessary to build highly functional teams that are aligned, committed, and accountable for the delivery of outstanding results.
Benefits of Attending
- Understand emotional intelligence and its role in leadership
- Develop your emotional competencies as a leader
- Learn how to build and lead high-performance teams
- Discover your leadership style and how to adapt it to different situations
- Develop the skills and mindset necessary to lead change and innovation
Day 1: Leading from Within
- What is leadership and why is it important?
- Leading versus managing
- The emotional competencies of leadership
- Developing your self-awareness
Day 2: Developing Your Leadership Skills
- Developing your self-regulation
- How to set goals effectively
- Effective communication skills
- How to identify stakeholders and understand what they need
Day 3: Leading Change and Innovation
- The challenges of leading change
- How to create a culture of innovation
- How to manage conflict and resistance to change
- How to engage different personality types effectively
Day 4: Building High-Performance Teams
- The characteristics of highly functional teams
- How to create a team culture of trust, respect, and collaboration
- Understanding your leadership style and how it impacts your team’s culture
- How to motivate and engage your team members
Day 5: Coaching and Growing Leaders
- How to delegate effectively
- Mentoring versus Coaching versus Counselling
- Coaching using the GROW Model
- Applying what you’ve learned to your current role
This program will be delivered over the course of five days with the following course structure:
- Pre-course work – [Each participant will be invited to complete a DISC 360 assessment. They will receive a personalised report about their DISC profile. This report will allow them to understand their strengths, weaknesses, communication preferences and to learn how others perceive of them. From this, they will be able to create a personal development plan on how to build on their strengths, address weaknesses and relate and engage others more effectively.
- At the end of each session, participants will be invited to set goals to apply what they learned during the workshop.
- Participants will be assigned to a Learning Circle (typically groups of between 3-5 participants) who will meet up between each workshop to share learnings, application of learnings, discuss challenges they faced and to celebrate wins
- At the start of each subsequent session, participants will get to share their wins.
- Each participant will be appointed an external coach and/or an internal mentor. Mentors will be briefed on their roles to help give the participant feedback, be a sounding board for their learnings and hold them accountable to goals they’ve set.
The program will be delivered through a combination of interactive workshops, lectures, case studies, and role-playing exercises.
Certificate of Completion
Upon successful completion of the program, participants will receive a certificate of completion from EQ Strategist.
Please help us serve you better by sharing the following information.
Live online or live in-person.
Who should attend?
This program is designed for new and aspiring managers who are looking to develop their leadership skills and knowledge. It is ideal for managers who are transitioning into new roles, as well as managers who want to advance their careers.
The program is also well-suited for managers who are working in teams or organisations that are undergoing change. The program will teach participants how to lead their teams through change effectively and how to create a culture of innovation.