A Toolkit for New Managers
In this new managers course, you will learn how to achieve strong outcomes through effective people and team management. You will also learn essential planning and organisational concepts and discover the key shifts in mindset and learn that will help you make the effective transition from competent individual contributor to effective manager and leader.
Benefits of Attending
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- confidently prioritise tasks and time on an individual and team basis
- differentiate between leading and managing
- engage, inspire and get the most from your team members and build a productive workplace environment
- articulate the importance of your emotional intelligence in your role as manager and how to develop this critical resource in order to be influence yourself and others more effectively
- identify key skills and competencies of effective managers and develop a development roadmap for your leadership journey
What It Covers
The following is the content of the workshop:
- Traits of Leadership
- Leading versus managing
- The emotionally intelligent manager
- Managing oneself through disruption and change
- Thinking strategically
- Communication and Influence
- People engagement and motivation
- Managing change
- Inspiring and building high performance teams
- Planning and putting first things first
- Dealing with difficult people and situations
- Setting goals
- Creative problem solving and decision making
The learning has been structured as a 2-day interactive workshop featuring case studies, discussion, break out rooms, group activities, audio-visual presentations, role plays and anecdotes.
At the completion of this program, the participant will be eligible to receive a Certificate of Participation from EQ Strategist.
Please help us serve you better by sharing the following information.
Live online or live in-person.
Who should attend?
Suitable for new managers wanting to acquire useful practical skills for immediate application in their workplace. This course is designed for managers in all sectors – corporate commercial, not-for-profit and government.